Thursday 13 May 2010

Heeerrrreee's TOMMY!!

Hey Guys,

I'm back!! Sorry for the incredibly long gap between posts but I return with an update :-)

I have sunk my teeth into section 1 of the course book and have arrived at my first Tutor marked assessment! *panic!!

So far the course book has been well written with only a few spelling mistakes which, let's face it, is not a big deal. The self marked assessments have been quite good too although some have been slightly unclear as to what they actually want from you. The sections on genres and sub-genres did get a little tedious but were very informative. The book gives you the info and then asks you to do some research of your own which is a pretty typical teaching method used in schools etc so you don't feel like you have to learn a whole new method of learning. All in all the course book gets a thumbs up as it gives you the core details and sets you up nicely for the rest of the course. I now can't wait to get to the interesting stuff (I had a sneaky peak).

I will sit my first TMA (Tutor Marked Assessment) soon and let you know how I get on.

As always any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. All the best, Tommy.

P.s. It's good to be back ;-)

No comments: